Sunday, March 15, 2009

Re-thinking my Blog Posting Goals

I apparently am incapable of a weekly blog. Either my life moves too fast to make time each week, or my life is too boring to justify a weekly post. Anyway, I'm officially retracting any stated goal for timely publication. I'll just blog whenever the heck I manage to set aside 20 minutes AND have something reasonably interesting to say.....


Short Ramblings
  • I spent the week in the Ft. Walton Beach, FL, area for work, and it was incredibly foggy. Being a midwesterner boy, I have no idea if this is normal beachfront behavior. But it was 80 degrees everyday, so that was nice.
  • I spent an extra BONUS night in Atlanta because we (everyone that flies in the US) have an air traffic control problem. I have some choice words for the airline industry as a whole, but I'll hold back and just say "wowzy woo-woo, you guys should not suck so bad".
  • I went to 2 different driving ranges today - BOTH CLOSED! (*confused*)
  • My still unnamed sweeping slave (the iRobot Roomba) is an awesome gizmo. I eagerly await the arrival of my SlapChop....
  • 'Spring' Oreos are, for some mysterious reason, noticeably tastier than normal Oreos
  • I took my nerd-dom to another level this week and put a wood-grain skin on my trendy little netbook laptop. At least I'm amused by it....


My Bowling Career is Launching



I normally wouldn't share too many bowling details, as that's not what I'd call 'riveting material'. But since I already embarassed myself I might as well let you in on the fun too.



I bowled the series of my life 2 weeks ago - 710 (scratch)! I had a 235 the 1st game, then ALMOST bowled 300. I had a spare in the 2nd frame and strikes in every other frame........until the 3 ball of the 10th frame when I unceremoniously threw a gutter ball. Ouch. I think that seriously may have been the 1st time in the history of man that someone bowled a 270 and threw their last ball straight into the gutter. Apparently the pressure of the 'pizza and beer' league was more than I could handle. But I did recover to throw a 205 the 3rd game to reach my final tally.

I intended to post a grilling recipe on here, but got distracted by the drama of an eBay auction (I'm patiently stalking a playstation 3). I'll toss the recipe up next time I blog.

1 comment:

Bob and LouAnne said...

Maybe you could name that robot Raquel, as in Welch or Raquel Ochmonek, Alf's next door neighbor. I never let my too-boring- to-justify-blogging life stop me from blogging.

Aunt Lou