Monday, October 13, 2008

Short Ramblings from a BUSY Weekend

It has been a busy weekend! I just got done writing a 5-page paper for my 'Foundations of Effective Management' class, so if anybody is interested in ING's Asia/Pacific Insurance company's efforts to align their human resources with their strategic execution - I'm your man. Overall this was a reasonably crappy week, but those happen once in awhile.....


Friday I went out with friends for a bit of a 'going away' party. My friend Sameer is 'going away' (to DC). We ended up at the Soft Rock karoake establishment. While there I stumbled upon an undeniable fact. The song 'Poison' by Bel Biv Devoe has very forgettable verses and more rap than you think, and only sings the chorus (which everyone knows) twice. Don't be fooled into 'helping' on this little number. It's futile. A youtube video for your amusement.....




Saturday I went to Brett Pagel's wedding, which was lovely (what else is there to say about a wedding?). I skipped out of the reception a little early because another friend of mine recently went to DC to work for the FBI, and he made a surprise trip back into Dayton. So I met up with him and we went to "King's Table". There I learned 2 things. 1) Their skee ball game is not of regulation length. 2) Even though the small hole on the top right says '100', the game only gives you 50 points. Don't be fooled.

Sunday I became more constructive with my time, and helped a guy that I work with move into his house. Sadly when I showed up it was just him, his fiance, and one other dude, none of which weighed even 150 pounds. If I'm your 'muscle' for a move, you've got problems.


I got my fancy new laptop in the mail on wednesday! I didn't really know exactly what I was getting into with this thing, but it's actually turned out A O K. I had some Linux-y trouble the 2nd day when trying to update some software, but other than that it works like a dream. It is REALLY small, but just big enough to be able to touch-type with no problems. And it boots up in ~15 seconds. And, AND, it has a bootleg version of Tetris on it! All for $350! (And my other laptop is officially DEAD. The board is no good. I'll be using it to try my first sell on eBay as soon as I get a chance to post the dumb thing.....)
It's almost midnight, so I'm gonna mail this in instead of filling you in with more boring details of the last week. I might come home next weekend - TBD.

1 comment:

Kickin' It With The Koesters said...

I must tell you, dear nephew, that I sang right along with the BBD video. I know, I know, applaude me later...
Also, I prefer you come home the following weekend of the 25th, if I get a vote:)
Love ya!