Sunday, January 11, 2009

Back to Business

Yeah, so it's been almost 2 months since I updated my supposed weekly blog. I'm going to get back to these sunday updates. Here it goes.....

First, the boring stuff. I completed my first stock transaction this week. I bought Ford stock in November for $1.27/share, and luckily sold it for $2.66/share. Probably the most successful trade I'll ever make. I also refinanced my mortgage. I got 5.0% (had 6.25% before), and didn't pay any 'points' (whatever those really are).

My 8th grade team is struggling. We were behind 18-0 after the 1st quarter today. We are now 1-6. There are 3 games left, and I think they are ready for it to be over. In the end, there's only so much you can do. We are shorter, slower, and have less basketball skills than the other teams. I'd be ecstatic if we won one of these last 3.

I had my 1st week in the 'pizza and beer' bowling league (i.e., not a serious league at all). Even though I didn't get any practice in before the 1st week, I managed to bowl 212, 146, and 202. That's probably better than I will do most weeks, and is going to kill my handicap. Maybe I'll manage a 600 series this year....

Work was particularly busy last week. I'm 'the boss' for the next couple of months, and there is a lot to get done. I may get a crack to do this more permanently later this year, but we'll see if it's something I actually want to do before I get too wrapped up in that possibility.

Yep, I just read through this post, and it's pretty boring. I'll try to get more exciting next week. Thanks to everybody for the Birthday and Xmas cards!

This is probably most entertaining for dad, but anybody that wants to watch guys do silly things to silly cars will enjoy these british guys trying to see if british cars were any good in the 70's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf7q8lWEd-o

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hey, not boring, just business. It happens. I think you could spice it up a little with some pics. I know Landon would like to see Oliver make an appearance on the blog. :)