Monday, June 8, 2009

Unloading some Thoughts

Thought #1 - StubHub is no friend of mine

Well, there's been a complication with the Busch Stadium outing. The most important thing is that we still have all 14 tickets. The unfortunate problem is that we have 2 groups of tickets on opposite sides of the stadium. Grrrrr......

Long story (LLLLLOOONNNNGGGG) short, guy that sold me 8 tickets switched them from the ones I ordered. They are of equal value, just a different section. Since I did not download the tickets and verify the tickets were correct within 7 days, I am not covered by the 'fan protection guarantee'. Call me old-fashioned, but I think that the time limit on this fancy guarantee would be an important fact to include in the email that gives the link to download the tickets. SECONDLY, this time limit should be well-understood by the first three stubhub customer service reps that I talked to (it's not. they said I would be fine.). And THIRDLY, the 1st three customer service reps were a combined 0 for 3 in following through to call me back as they all promised. There was steam coming out of my ears when the forth phone call basically said 'sorry, you are out of luck'. After 20 minutes waiting to talk to a supervisor, the original girl got back on the line and gave my the stubhub buyer's fee back ($50). I never did talk to a supervisor.

Thought #2 - Inventor's Corner

I'm an unlikely source, but I did manage to invent the next generation of newborn baby carseats. The prototype is pending.....pending my master's degree, pending a slower work schedule, pending less traveling, pending a lot of things. But here's the idea - channels that would rotate the baby in the event of a rear-end collision to allow the force to be perpendicular to the baby's spinal column. It's genius! That's why babies have to face backwards now, so that head-on collisions (likely to be a more powerful collision) lead to a force that is more perpendicular, right? But a rear-end collision at highway speeds is still serious trouble. So you have the baby seat swing on impact so that the baby ends up basically in a forward-facing baby seat - feet-up, but that's a minor detail in a crash. It would need to not rotate unless a sufficient force were exerted, but that's easy to do. The mother wouldn't even know it was there, other than the new excuse to raise the prices on babyseats even further! Hopefully my blog counts as some sort of patent.....

Thought #3 - Entrepreneur's Corner

Who wants to use this idea to open a money-making sports bar????? This sports bar doesn't sell chicken wings though. No, my sports bar focuses on PIZZA! Here's the deal - have you noticed how many stinkin' "flavors" of spaghetti sauce there are in the grocery store? Tomato-based sauces are extremely versatile, and that versatility needs to be leveraged......My pizza sports bar has about 20 different sauce flavors, just like the chicken wing sauces. These sauces can give you radically different tasting pizza, just like the chicken wing sauces. You can also use these sauces as options for all the stuff everyone likes to dip in marinara sauce - breadsticks, cheesesticks, garlic bread, fried mozzarella, etc. Everyone likes pizza. This imaginary sports bar is a combination of the foofy 'gournet pizza' places, and Buffalo Wild Wings. It's a can't-miss winner.

Thought #4 - Wendy's needs to fire their marketing dept.

This 'coffee toffee twisted frosty' business has got to stop. They sound delicious, and yet I already hate them due to the onslaught of horrible commercials.

Thought #5 - iPhone 3G S is coming!

And.......AND the iPhone 3g is going to be only $99 (with a contract)! Buy one. Buy two. You can't be disappointed - unless you have Verizon. Bummer....

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm sorry this game has become such a pain for you! I'm glad you at least got $50 back. Don't worry about sitting at opposite ends of the stadium...I say we send Baleigh back and forth to relay messages.

We'll go in fundamental belief when it comes to pizza is that the sauce makes the pie. One of his co-workers wants to open a drive-thru coffee place where women sell coffee in their bikinis. I think that's kind of dumb, but different pizza sauces I like.

Michael said...

No worries on the ticket situation.....unless you own stubhub and I just didn't know you were in charge of that place! Your friend's coffee shop idea is a reality in Maine (actually, there aren't even bikinis)

http://www.boston.com/news/local/maine/articles/2009/06/04/topless_coffee_shop_destroyed_in_arson_fire/

My pizza place probably already exists somewhere too, but no one is burning it down!!!!

Bob and LouAnne said...

Here's what we can do at the game: After each inning one person from each group will rotate to the opposing group. This way, we'll get to enjoy the game with a continuously changing group of peeps. Megan and Landon will move together as a unit, of course. Or maybe Chad and Landon. Or Landon and whomever.

Lindsey said...

Love that idea! Red rover, red rover...
What, we won't send Landon by himself?