Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Factoid

We often hear the saying 'once every blue moon'. Well, what's that mean? I had to look it up. Though it isn't a standard unit of measurement and there isn't exactly a consensus on the definition, it basically means the 2nd full moon of a given calendar month. Basically it happens every other year (-ish). Why do I bring this up?

Because every THREE blue moons, my parents turn on their air conditioner before I do. Actually, 2009 is the first time this has ever happened, and I've REALLY been out of the house 6 years, so that's where my math is coming from. This may only be a big deal to Megan and I, because others may not realize that our parents generally only turn on the A/C when it's over 95 for three consecutive days. Their heat tolerance rivals that of the legendary rabbit-eared bandicoot. And I am nothing like a rabbit-eared bandicoot. See below.
Nothing like me

4 comments:

Megan said...

Maybe we should hence forth refer to an "odd occurance" as "Mom and Dad's AC" just to drive home the point. IT IS A VERY BIG DEAL. :) Definitely worth noting.

Bob and LouAnne said...

They get that from Maw-Maw.

Lindsey said...

HAHAHAHA...that is too funny...

Yes, reminds me of watching Mom and Lori sneak to the thermostat on East Pine Drive to crank it down a few degrees when no one is looking...

Unknown said...

This is REALLY cracking me up! I was acutely aware of the M&D's AC situation, but am now amusingly aware of the rabbit-eared bandicoot!